Saturday, September 24, 2011

Back on course FULL FORCE!!

I'm baaaaaaack...........I went a little off track for a while not sure why but it happened. I stopped taking things seriously and got comfortable with just "getting by" every week at my weigh-ins. I kept playing around with about 3lbs gaining then loosing for several weeks. I have spent the last 2 weeks working on getting back to the mindset I had when I first started and I knew I needed to amp it up. So in order to do so I started FINALLY working out this week. Not only having a workout regimen but also taking other steps to get more activity in my everyday life. So that being said I completely ditched using this elevator at work. Though I am only on the second floor and going up just one flight of stairs just that little change gives me a more sense of taking control besides just with my food. The change has definitely made a difference and I am down another 2.4 lbs for a grand total of 34 lbs.

My mother's birthday was just last week (September 16th) and it was the first time in almost 8 years that the day didn't seem to just break me down. I guess knowing that I have finally started to take control of my life and not just feeding myself to death has given me a more sense of peace.  I know she would be proud of me and would be my biggest cheerleader. It doesn't change how much I miss her and grieve over not having her. I guess the real realization will be on October 15th the anniversary day of her death. I always seem to do worse on that day than her birthday. Though it still is a sad day I don't feel the sense of dread I normally feel when that day is approaching.

I want to end this off today with a big THANK YOU to ALL my cheerleaders. I have such a wonderful group of people that have non-stop been by my side not only with my weight loss but just life in general. One of my biggest cheerleaders is my Aunt she not only supports me but she is taking the journey with me. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have her in my life she really is my best friend and though we have had our ups and downs in the past I think our relationship is stronger than it has ever been! I love you Aunt Lori!

No comments:

Post a Comment